|We at Spurlin Industries are dedicated to quality and service. Because of this we have comprised a few suggestions to help aid you in the safe and trouble free operation of your new tub.
Important Safety Instructions
WARNING: When using this unit, basic precautions should always be followed, including the following:
- Never run the motor dry. This will result in burning of the seal and leaking will occur. Make sure water level is above all outlets.
- Do not block suction fittings during operation. Keep all loose objects from the fittings such as wash cloths, hair, etc.
- Do not use abrasive cleansers to clean tubs. Use warm water and liquid detergents.
- All jets are individually operational for your added pleasure. Turn clockwise to reduce water flow. Also, you may change the direction of flow by moving center part of the jet to desired position.
- The air control valve (located at the rim of the tub) is used to control the amount of air to the jets.
- When using bubble bath, fill tub first, then turn on the whirlpool, then add bubble bath. Otherwise you might have more bubbles than you bargained for.
- To reduce soap and bacteria build-up in the water lines, we suggest the following procedures:
- Approximately once a month, fill the tub with hot water and two tablespoons of low sudsing dishwasher detergent such as Cascade.
- Run the whirlpool for approximately five minutes and drain
- Drain the tub and fill with all cold water.
- Run for approximately five minutes and drain.
If you have any questions, please call us direct at 1-800-749-4475
- READ AND FOLLOW ALL INSTRUCTIONS
- DANGER: To reduce the risk of injury, do not permit children to use this unit unless they are closely supervised at all times.
- Use this unit only for its intended use directed in this manual. Do not use attachments not recommended by the manufacturer.
- Never drop or insert any object into any opening.
- Do not operate this unit without the guard over the suction fitting.
- The unit must be connected only to a supply circuit that is protected by a ground -fault circuit-interrupter (GFCI). Such a GFCI should be provided by installer and should be tested on a routine basis. To test the GFCI, push the button. The GFCI should interrupt power. Push the reset button. Power should be restored. If the GFCI fails to operate in this manner, there is a good ground current flowing, indicating the possibility of an electric shock. Do not use this unit. Disconnect the unit and have the problem corrected by a service representative before using.
- A green colored terminal (or a wire connector marked "G", "GR", "Ground", or "Grounding") is provided within the terminal compartment. To reduce the risk of electric shock, connect this terminal or connector to the grounding terminal of your electric service or supply panel with a continuous green insulated copper wire, equivalent in size to the circuit conductors supplying this equipment, but no smaller than No. 12 AWG (3.3mm2).
- Save the instructions that come with your unit, or print and save these instructions.
Spurlin Industries, Inc. warrants all bathtub shells to be free from defects in materials and workmanship in the finish for a period of one year and the structure for a period of five years.
In addition to the shell, Spurlin Industries, Inc. warrants the whirlpool system to be free from defects in material and workmanship for a period of one year. This warranty excludes parts of the whirlpool system manufactured by others that are covered under that manufacturer's warranty.
Spurlin Industries, Inc. will, at its option, repair or replace any defective tub or part of the whirlpool system that proves to be defective.
At no time will Spurlin Industries, Inc. be liable for more than the original purchase price of the tub or whirlpool tub.
Spurlin Industries, Inc. does not warrant against the cost of replacement or damages resulting from replacement of the defective tub or whirlpool system parts.
It shall remain the responsibility of the customer to insure the tub purchases are designed for their particular installations.
For this warranty to be effective, you must fill out and send in the warranty card included with your unit.